White Tail Ridge, was originally an approved 90 residential dwelling subdivision located 20 minutes from Ottawa in the town of Almonte. It is anticipated that the utilization of the SBS® collection system could enable an additional 85 residential dwellings to be constructed by reducing hydraulic and biological loadings. Consequently, the final planned development utilizing the Clearford SBS® based solution resulted in a total of 175 residential dwellings. These have been planned for White Tail Ridge development over 3 phases with Phase 1 consisting of 76 residential dwellings, Phase 2 consisting of 48 residential dwellings, and Phase 3 consisting of 51 residential dwellings.
Highlights of White Tail Ridge SBS® Installation
- Increased density of original plan from 90 to 175 new connections feeding into traditional sewage collection system
- 75 mm – 100 mm HDPE collection network with 1.7 km force main to existing sewage collection and treatment
- Common trench utilized for both water delivery & sanitary water removal from the subdivision
- The homes all include water conservation appliances and the hydraulic flowrate is only 60% of the design flowrate. During the build-out phase of a new subdivision, this very low hydraulic flowrate might not be enough in a conventional sewer design to provide adequate cleansing velocity resulting in solids build-up in the pipes. CCTV inspections in 2015 indicate no solids accumulation in the pipe network.
- Both the Municipality and Operator recommend the system due to its low maintenance requirements.