Customers of Long Beach Water System in Wainfleet, Ontario
We are committed to providing customers with safe, reliable water service.
Check this website regularly for the latest updates on the status of improvements to the water system.
Boil Water Advisory
Please note that a precautionary Boil Water Advisory remains in effect for the Long Beach water system. Refer to recommendations below for safe handling and use of water during the advisory. If you have any further questions about safe use of water, please contact the Niagara Regional Public Health Department at 905 688 3762 or 1 800 263 7248.
Seasonal Water Service
Some customers are connected to the seasonal water system, which is typically in service from May 1 to October 31. Contact Clearford for more information.
» Seasonal watermain on Lakeshore Road west of Augustine Road
Residents are asked to avoid damaging or altering the aboveground watermain along the south side of Lakeshore Road. Please report any issues to Clearford. Customers and impacted landowners will be notified of plans for permanent watermain reconstruction.
» Water Treatment Plant upgrade
Capital improvement work is underway beginning Spring 2020 to renew the drinking water plant building, pumping and treatment equipment. The upgrades will improve plant reliability and address water quality challenges caused by intermittent high turbidity from clay sediment in Lake Erie. Customers will be informed of any planned service interruptions in advance of the work.
Notice to Users
The Long Beach drinking water system is regulated under Ontario Regulation (O.Reg.) 170/03 of the Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002. The Operating Authority has designated a qualified Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) to oversee the management of the system by certified operators under O.Reg. 128/04.
Property owners and water users must inform, consult and follow directions provided by the ORO for the safety of all users of the water system. This includes notifying the Operating Authority of any plans to repair, alter or maintain their water service or system on private property (excluding interior plumbing). Clearford may take action against any party found tampering with the water system without authorization, such as reporting the offence to the Provincial Regulator and collecting damages from the tampering party.
Please contact Ontario One Call if you plan to dig in Ontario.
For further information, visit www.ontarioonecall.ca or call Ontario One Call toll free at 844 257 9490.
Communications to Customers
- January 28, 2021 – Notice of unplanned water supply interruption >
- November 16, 2020 – Notice of power and water outage >
- October 27, 2020 – Seasonal service shutdown >
- August 8, 2020 – Notice of project update >
- April 14, 2020 – Seasonal service plumbing connections >
- April 8, 2020 – Seasonal water service start-up >
- March 25, 2020 – Progress update and outstanding account balances >
- January 6, 2020 – Notice of regulatory requirements affecting users >
- October 28, 2019 – Seasonal water service shut-down and update >
- June 21, 2019 – Update on the Lakeshore Road action plan >
- June 14, 2019 – Implementing Action Plan for aboveground watermain along Lakeshore Road >
- May 31, 2019 – Update on water system upgrades >
- May 31, 2019 – Action Plan for restoring seasonal water service on Lakeshore Road >
- April 23, 2019 – Seasonal water service turn-on >
- February 12, 2019 – Water plant upgrade >
- October 24, 2018 – Announcement Long Beach water supply >
- October 15, 2018 – Notice Boil Water Advisory issued >
Residents are asked to avoid damaging or altering the water system in any way.
Please request any changes to your service, or report any issues with the water system to:
During business hours
Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
Phone 289 965 8440 x200
After hours emergencies
Call 1 800 704 4188 and follow recorded directions