Customers of Long Beach Water System in Wainfleet, Ontario
We are committed to providing customers with safe, reliable water service.
Check this website regularly for the latest updates on the status of improvements to the water system.
Boil Water Advisory
Please note that a Boil Water Advisory remains in effect for the Long Beach water system. Refer to recommendations below for safe handling and use of water during the advisory. If you have any further questions about safe use of water, please contact the Niagara Regional Public Health Department at 905 688 3762 or 1 800 263 7248.
Shutdown of seasonal water service – November 4, 2019
The seasonal water system including the aboveground watermain on Lakeshore Road has been decommissioned for the winter. Property owners are reminded to shut off their individual water service connections and make arrangements for winterizing the plumbing on their property.
» Seasonal watermain on Lakeshore Road west of Augustine Road
Residents are asked to avoid damaging or altering the aboveground watermain along the south side of Lakeshore Road. Please report any issues to Clearford. Customers and impacted landowners will be notified of plans for permanent watermain reconstruction.
» Water Treatment Plant upgrade
Detailed engineering and construction planning is underway for the replacement of the existing plant with a new treatment system that will address water quality concerns for intermittent turbidity caused by clay sediment from Lake Erie. Implementation of the project is expected in Winter/early Spring 2020.
Communications to Customers
- October 28, 2019 – Seasonal water service shut-down and update >
- June 21, 2019 – Update on the Lakeshore Road action plan >
- June 14, 2019 – Implementing Action Plan for aboveground watermain along Lakeshore Road >
- May 31, 2019 – Update on water system upgrades >
- May 31, 2019 – Action Plan for restoring seasonal water service on Lakeshore Road >
- April 23, 2019 – Seasonal water service turn-on >
- February 12, 2019 – Water plant upgrade >
- October 24, 2018 – Announcement Long Beach water supply >
- October 15, 2018 – Notice Boil Water Advisory issued >
Residents are asked to avoid damaging or altering the water system in any way.
Please request any changes to your service, or report any issues with the water system to:
During business hours
Monday-Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
Gillian Dumencu, Manager of Utilities
613 599 6474 x314 or 1 866 231 1104 (toll free)
After hours emergencies
Call 1 800 704 4188 and follow recorded directions