Clearford Opens Tenth Operations Hub
Changing market conditions presented Clearford with an opportunity to expand our existing operations in Thunder Bay, ON, where we only had one site, into our tenth full operations hub.
Hub expansion considerations
- Examine target market – assess target market to understand the population size, expansion opportunity, competition, and profitability.
- Understand client and community – research existing efforts to learn the site-specific capabilities and potential upgrades to support successful operations.
- Assess regulatory requirements – use in-house experts to examine site-specific regulatory requirements.
- Project anticipated ROI – identify market entry requirements, finances, and responsibilities for Clearford and client.
- Identify internal vs. external resources – determine in-house capabilities, consider relocation of existing staff, hire new local staff, and/or partner with local, community networks to further understand the market.
Market entry implementations
- Communicate to target market – communicate to target audience to share company overview and mission.
- Recognize client and community – use identified site-specific opportunities and community research to demonstrate efforts in obtaining and/or continuing successful operations.
- Support regulatory requirements efforts – use in-house experts to provide or guide the client with the tools needed to meet regulatory requirements.
- Outline anticipated ROI – share with the client and key players the defined requirements in entering the new market.
- Establish internal vs. external resources – strategically locate existing and local staff near sites to achieve efficiencies on commute and finances.
New market, new hub
The recent new market, known as Clearford’s Thunder Bay Hub, marks the tenth district in the company’s diverse geographic portfolio. What was once a single site operation in an isolated geographic area, became a full operational hub.
There were unique challenges in building this new hub so far from our existing nine hubs, but we were able to quickly delivery the level of service that clients in all of Clearford’s hubs have come to depend on. As the largest operator of privately owned communal water and wastewater treatment systems in Ontario, Clearford continues to look for opportunities to expand our geographical reach.
About Clearford Water Systems Inc.
Clearford Water Systems Inc. is a provider of unified water management solutions for the design, build, finance, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure systems. The Company’s technology-based water solutions include Clearford One® wastewater infrastructure systems, Clearford M-brane™ packaged treatment solutions, and a full range of UV Pure® water disinfection products. Clearford is the winner of the Frost & Sullivan 2017 Enabling Technology Leadership Award for Global Decentralized Water & Wastewater Treatment. For more information on Clearford Water Systems, please visit www.clearford.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains certain statements that constitute forward-looking statements as they relate to the Company and its management. Forward-looking statements are not historical facts but represent management’s current expectation of future events, and can be identified by words such as “believe”, “expects”, “will”, “intends”, “plans”, “projects”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “continues” and similar expressions. Although management believes that the expectations represented in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that they will prove to be correct.
By their nature, forward-looking statements include assumptions and are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties that could cause actual future results, conditions, actions or events to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. If and when forward-looking statements are set out in this news release, Clearford will also set out the material risk factors or assumptions used to develop the forward-looking statements. Except as expressly required by applicable securities law, the Company assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward looking statements. The future outcomes that relate to forward-looking statements may be influenced by many factors, including, but not limited to: industry cyclicality; the ability to secure third party agreements; successful integration of Clearford’s system with third party technology; competition; reduction in demand for products; collection from customers; relationships with suppliers; product liability; intellectual property; reliance on key personnel; environmental; interest rates; uninsured and underinsured losses; operating hazards; risks of future legal proceedings; income tax matters; credit facilities; availability and terms of financing; distribution of securities; restrictions on potential growth; effect of market interest rates on price of securities; and potential dilution.
For more information contact:
Kevin Loiselle, President & CEO
Clearford Water Systems Inc.
Phone: 613 599 6474 ext. 303